Combination of disinfection and odor removal in one
Food storage requires particularly high environmental disinfection to ensure a long shelf life.
Odor problems can also be the cause of food spoilage of up to 30% of food.
PureAir will fix it – completely without chemicals
Here you get two active functions in a closed unit:
- Disinfection of the air with UVC = 88 % fewer bacteria and viruses in the air
- Neutralization of VOC via a photocatalytic oxidation = safe odor removal without chemistry
A safe and simple solution for all types of rooms and down to -25 °C
PureAir is mounted with fittings on the ceiling or wall and actively circulates the air through the unit.
There are models from 50 to 550 m3 air/h and direct use in HACCP approval.
How does PureAir work?
Step 1: Safe UVC Disinfection
- Active air intake via fan
- Treatment of air with UVC light in the first chamber
Result: 88% fewer bacteria and viruses in the air
How to remove bacteria and viruses:
- UVC works by a process where radiation inactivates the microorganisms as the light strikes.
- Wavelengths of 260 nm are produced for disinfection which is the exact wavelength for optimal disinfection.
- UVC light is the only controllable disinfection technology – and is used by hospitals and research institutes.
Step 2: Photocatalytic oxidation
- Transfers disinfected air to a second chamber
- Treatment of air with photocatalytic oxidation with UV light
Result: Removes VOCs
How to remove bad odor:
- A special UVA lamp activates a coating with titanium oxide.
- This process creates some highly reactive electrons.
- These highly reactive electrons are associated with the volatile organic compounds; that is the bad smell.
- This breaks down the pollutant into harmless carbon dioxide and water molecules further purifying the air.