Hand hygiene is a well-documented method for preventing the spread of bacteria through individuals.
The National Serum Institute has made the following guidelines for hand hygiene:
Hand hygiene is performed by all personnel who have patient contact or who carry out clean or unclean tasks in both the primary and secondary sectors.
Hand hygiene must be performed
- before all clean procedures
- after all unclean procedures as well
- after using gloves
Hand disinfection with 70-85 % ethanol added with skincare should be performed for 30 seconds when hands are visibly clean and dry.
Hand wash with skin friendly soap and chilled water should be performed for 15 seconds when the hands are visibly contaminated or wet and if in contact with areas of infection.
Hand wash must be followed by hand disinfection.
But proper hand hygiene must be trained and maintained in order to function optimally.
Hand hygiene training raises the level significantly
Get an offer on screen and hand spray with fluorescent agent for your needs – contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
This is how you do:
- Add 1-2 pumps of the fluorescent hand spray/ soap/ lotion and apply as you do it with a normal hand spray.
- Place your hands in the cabinet so that they are fully covered, the entire surface of both hands should be uniformly illuminated. Repeat if necessary, section 1 until the entire surface is uniformly illuminated.
- Wash your hands thoroughly, dry them and check again in the cabinet. The areas still glowing are not adequately washed.
- Learn the best technique to wash your hands below.
- Repeat as needed and look for improvements.
Training of properly performed hand disinfection works:
The solution for large companies or institutions
Hand◦in◦Scan is equipped with cameras that record the numbr of fluorescent items on the hands. One hand is scanned at a time and data can be stored locally or sent via Wi-Fi to the selected administrator.
Watch demonstration video here
Staff “wash” hands with a disinfectant fluid containing a small amount of fluorescent color. Log on to scanner with an ID card (all types of RFID cards can be used)
Hands are inserted into scanner in turn and immediately after the result is displayed on the screen. The system is set to 95% success to show “passed”
Reporting and statistics online
Data is sent from scanner via Wi-Fi or sim card to an administrator, who can evaluate all scans on selected data; by job type, department, frequency of use, etc.
Data can be stored in the cloud and can easily be adapted to the individual company’s wishes and needs.
Contact us for a demonstration of scanners and software.