Easy and quick sampling on surfaces or in liquids with Contact Slide
Contact Slide is a ready-to-use device with two different media coated onto a plastic support used for the microbial monitoring of surfaces and liquids.
Contact Slide is very easy to use:
- Unscrew and extract the slide from the cylindrical container.
- For surfaces: flex the cap forming a 90° angle and push for 10 seconds the contact slide on the surface to examine. Liquid sampling: hold the slide by the cap and immerse it in the sample that has just been taken in such a way that the surface of the culture media is completely immersed.
- Reinsert the slide in the container and incubate at 36°c for 24-48 hours. For yeasts detection, extend the incubation of further 24-48 hours at 25-30°c.
- After the incubation the Contact Slide is examined for bacterial growth and the concentration is determined.
Contact Slide is available in several variants:
- Contact Slide 2: for total bacterial count and yeasts and molds detection
- Contact Slide 8: for total bacterial count and coliform detection
- Contact Slide 9: for total bacterial count with inactivation of disinfectants